|Founders:||Anil Oroskar, Kegonsa Seed Fund|
|Manager:||Robert Mierendorf (CEO)|
|Industry:||Biotechnology Equipment and Devices|
Semba Biosciences, Inc. is a biotechnology company that markets the Octave Chromatography System™, a highly scalable, cost-effective, desktop-deployable simulated moving bed chromatography (SMBC) system.
Semba Biosciences also sells related consumables to both Octave customers and third parties.
Anil Oroskar, Ph.D., invented the technology behind Semba Biosciences, Inc. and is the company's co-founder.
Anil also co-founded Orochem Technologies, which serves the biotechnology, forensics, pharmacokinetics, and drug discovery industries. He also served previously served as UOP's manager of Separation Processes.
Anil has a Ph.D. in chemical engineering from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Robert Mierendorf, Ph.D., is the President and CEO of Semba Biosciences, Inc.
Before joining Semba Biosciences, Bob founded Novagen in 1989, where he served in various management and technical capacities before and after the company's sale to Merck in 1999.
Bob has a Ph.D. in oncology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Latest Fund News
- Kegonsa Seed Fund Sells Second Portfolio Company
- Ken Johnson Looks for Seeds of Success
- Three Kegonsa Seed Fund Companies Selected as 2010 Wisconsin Companies to Watch
- Kegonsa Seed Fund Experiences First Portfolio Company Exit
- Kegonsa Seed Fund Named to Entrepreneur's VC Top 100
- Kegonsa Seed Fund Launched