|Founders:||Steven J. Gordon, Jingyue Ju|
|Manager:||Steven J. Gordon (CEO)|
|Industry:||Bioinformatics, Biomedical Equipment and Manufacturing|
IBSI is developing a next-generation DNA sequencing system that increases the speed and reduces the cost of producing sequence data.
By making it easier and less expensive to sequence DNA, IBS's technology has the potential to dramatically change the way research is performed and health care is delivered.
Steven J. Gordon, Ph.D. is the co-founder and CEO of IBSI
Before co-founding IBSI, Steven founded and self-funded Intelligent Automation Systems, a provider of technology and products for the semiconductor, photonics, and life sciences industries. Steven led Intelligent Automation Systems from its inception in 1987 through its sale to Brooks Automation in 2002.
Steven has a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from MIT.
Jingyue Ju, Ph.D. invented the technology behind IBSI and co-founded the company.
Jingyue is the inventor on 19 patents—including two previous commercial successes—and author of 60 peer reviewed publications.
Jingyue has a Ph.D. in bio-organic chemistry from the University of Southern California.
Latest Fund News
- Kegonsa Seed Fund Sells Second Portfolio Company
- Ken Johnson Looks for Seeds of Success
- Three Kegonsa Seed Fund Companies Selected as 2010 Wisconsin Companies to Watch
- Kegonsa Seed Fund Experiences First Portfolio Company Exit
- Kegonsa Seed Fund Named to Entrepreneur's VC Top 100
- Kegonsa Seed Fund Launched